ESAB Rebel EMP 285ic Multi Process MIG Welder
Introducing Rebel™ EMP 285ic 1ph and 3ph systems, the most powerful, industrial Rebel yet for excellent performance on MIG, Flux-Cored, TIG and Stick applications. Capable of welding up to 350A, this TRUE multi-process, multi-voltage industrial welding machine runs the full range of .035 in. (0.9 mm) and .045 in. (1.2 mm) wires. It’s the most portable, mobile welder in its class and has the power and performance to crush even the most demanding industrial jobs.
PORTABLE LIKE NEVER BEFORE.
Rebel EMP 285ic goes where you go. With a fighting weight of 70 lb., four perfectly placed handles, and the ability to detach the power source from its cart, you can tackle any job, anywhere, with dual voltage capability from 90 to 270 V (1ph) and 460 to 575 V (3ph). From shop to field, the rugged unibody industrial steel housing gives you the confidence that Rebel EMP 285ic can handle even the harshest environments.
THE POWER TO PERFORM.
Rebel EMP 285ic was designed to maximize your productivity with the highest output in its class (285 A @ 40% duty cycle on 1ph model; 285 A @ 50% duty cycle on 3ph model). The dependable four-roll drive system handles up to 12 in. spools and provides smooth, consistent wire feeding, and Rebel’s groundbreaking sMIG (smartMIG) feature gives you built-in arc control that constantly monitors your weld and adapts for superior, repeatable welds.
VERSATILITY THAT CAN'T BE BEAT.
With the ability to weld a wide range of metal thicknesses and filler metals, Rebel EMP 285ic gives you more options than ever before. It welds the full range of .035 and .045 wire in both short arc and spray transfer, giving you higher deposition rates, greater penetration, and less spatter. Plus, Rebel EMP 285ic can weld Flux-Cored wire up to 1/16 in., Stick rods up to 5/32 in., and TIG rods up to 3/16 in.
Two models to choose from:
- Rebel EMP 285ic 120V-230V 1ph
- Rebel EMP 285ic 460V-575V 3ph
- Power to Perform – with 285A @ 40% (1ph model) and 285A @ 50% (3ph model) you’ll have the confidence to run the full range of .045 in. (1.2 mm) wire, short arc and spray transfer, with increased deposition rates and higher productivity on smaller diameter wires such as .030 in. (0.8 mm) and .035 in. (0.9 mm).
- sMIG Technology – innovative “smart-MIG” feature that dynamically monitors the arc characteristics ultimately adapting to your technique resulting in a smooth, stable arc. Set wire diameter and plate thickness and you are ready to weld.
- With ESAB’s new 4-Roll Drive System, weld up to .052 in. (1.4 mm) solid wire and up to 1/16 in. (1.6 mm) cored wire. Plus, electrodes up to 5/32 in. (4.0 mm) and TIG rods up to 3/16 in. (5.0 mm).
- Unmatched Portability/Mobility – weighing in at 70 lbs. (32 kg) with multi-voltage, multi-phase capability and 4-handle roll cage. Detach the Rebel EMP 285ic from its cart and tackle any job around the shop or out at the job site.
- TFT Multi-lingual Display – packed full of features, Rebel EMP 285ic has 4 programmable memory locations for each process, multi-language selection, trim adjustment, inductance control, pre/post flow control and spot weld setting giving you the ability to fine tune your welds for the most optimal performance.
- Agricultural Equipment
- Civil Construction
- Industrial and General Fabrication
- Repair and Maintenance
- Training Schools
- Industrial Production & Manufacturing
- SMAW/MMA (Stick)
- GMAW (MIG/MAG)
- FCAW (Flux Core)
- GTAW-DC (TIG DC)